Please understand that it is equally important for a man to be a good boyfriend as well in order to have a healthy relationship. 🙂
We all want to be a good girlfriend for our man, right? I have plenty tips and advice just for you that I have learned and picked up through the years. Pay close attention and don’t be afraid to take notes. By the way, I am not telling you what to do, I am just spreading knowledge.
- BE HONEST. I can not stress how important this is, honesty is crucial to have a healthy relationship and to being a good girlfriend. If you don’t like the way he treats you at times, tell him. Your man may not always like or agree with what you say, but he can’t say that you weren’t honest. A lot of men appreciate honesty, be true to yourself and be true to your man.
- BE TRUST WORTHY. Let it be known that your man can trust you, by showing it though your actions and things you say. Also, give your man a chance to gain your trust, if you see that he is not trust worthy by his actions or by the things he says, why are you with him? Its not wise to be with a man you can’t trust, you want to know that he will protect you in certain situations, you want to know that he won’t bail out on you. I’m not saying to trust him with your life, but have simple trust in him, you want to know that he will be there when you need him.
- BE RESPECTABLE. Respect yourself when you are with him and when you are not with him. You represent both him and yourself, so it is important to present yourself respectfully. Don’t flirt or give out your number to other guys when you are away from your man. This not only makes you look sleazy, but its disrespectful to your man and to yourself. Remember that you have a man, so stay close to him emotionally. Just because your man is not with you every time of the day, it does not give you the right to talk flirtatiously to other men, you are not a free agent.
- BE APPRECIATIVE. Appreciate the little things he does or has done for you. Be thankful for the time that he spends with you. Enjoy his presence, don’t nag in his ear all the time. Be happy when he takes you out on a date, or when he’d rather spend time with you than with his friends. A little “Thank you” here and there and doing sweet things for him will show him that you appreciate him. Men like to feel appreciated just like we do.
- LISTEN & PAY ATTENTION. When he talks, listen. I mean truly listen to what he has to say, don’t just let it go over your head. When he talks, it should be important to you, he doesn’t talk to you for his health. Sometimes guys just need someone to listen. Let them know that you’re interested and that you are willing to listen. When his body language is tell you something, pay attention. Watch his body language when he talks to you and when he’s not talking. If he sees that you don’t like to listen or pay attention to him, he’s going to think that you don’t care and he may stop caring as well.
- BE YOURSELF & BE CONFIDENT. Don’t try to be someone that you are not. Just be you and feel comfortable in your own skin. He will appreciate you for being confident in who you are. It’s attractive to him and he will admire your confidence. Its good to be confident, but its another to be over confident. Don’t seem cocky or arrogant, but shine with confidence.
I hope this helped a little bit, thanks for reading! 🙂